History
of the
Village of South Point
Previous Mayors

The Village of South Point was founded in 1798 by William "Ranger" Davidson.

Click here for William "Ranger" Davidson's Last Will & Testament

South Point was incorporated as a Village on January 14, 1888.
First Minutes
Pictures from the
History of South
Point
by Art Ferguson published
by the South Point
Centennial Committee 1988
River View
Centennial Committee
W.W. Davidson
1937 Flood
Late 1800's
Founder Monument
S Pt Schools  

SPt School History
South Point Chemical Plant
South Point Plant
EPA Superfund Site Case Study
May 2009
Click here to view the 3/4/2013 Herald
Dispatch article on the 100 year anniversary
of the Kenova ~ South Point Railroad Bridge.
Click
here to see pictures of the bridge being
built.
In Memory Of
Carl Vance
3/27/1939 ~ 8/25/2014
Police Chief
1/18/1983 ~ 12/31/2010
Don Roberts
10/20/1949 ~ 1/25/2012
Utility Employee
15 years
Dallas Bond
6/13/1958 ~ 8/19/2011
Mechanic
7 1/2 years
Joseph Black
10/13/1948 ~ 9/1/2011
Council Member
Patsy Cremeans
died 6/6/2013
Utility Clerk
for 25 years
Richard Stevens
12/31/1944 ~ 11/15/2013
Fire Chief
3/1/1986 ~ 3/31/2011
John Michael Williams
8/8/1967 ~ 3/16/2014
EPA Licensed Class 2
Wastewater & Water
Operator
9/19/2005 ~ 3/16/2014
Don Savitz
2/18/1935 ~ 3/8/2017
Wastewater Operator
7/3/1978 ~ 3/19/1999
Don retired in 1999
worked part time until
2005.